University of Michigan invests $500,000 in GreenMark Biomedical, Inc. (Cycle 2 ITP awardee) through Michigan Investment in New Technology Startups initiative.
For more information, please see: https://record.umich.edu/articles/u-m-invest-20-million-four-its-startups
New FDA Guidance on Regenerative Medicine
FDA recently released 2 new guidance documents on regenerative medicine therapies:
- Evaluation of Devices Used with Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapies
- Expedited Programs for Regenerative Medicine Therapies for Serious Conditions
Click here to see the press release.
LaunchPad Medical (Cycle 1 ITP awardee), raises $8.5M in a recent round!
For more information, please see: https://www.massdevice.com/bone-adhesive-dev-launchpad-medical-raises-9m-medtech-funding-roundup/
Congratulations to Michigan-Pittsburgh-Wyss Resource Center Principal Investigator Dr. William Giannobile on winning the Ross Award given by the American Dental Association! Check out the full press release here.
Michigan-Pittsburgh-Wyss Regenerative Medicine Resource Center @ the University of Michigan’s Translational Funding Fair!
Representatives from 25 translational funds at the University of Michigan were present to provide inventors the opportunity to learn about resources and programs available to advance innovation into the marketplace. Check out the video here!
Check out the Practicum presentations from our first Annual Stakeholders’ Summit (July 10-11, 2018)
- Market Trends: Pucks, Skaters and Time (Jeanne Ambruster, Todd Scantlebury- The Avenues Company)
- IP Management and Commercialization: Academic Entrepreneurship, Intellectual Property, and Commercial Translation (Don Taylor, Andrew Brown- sciVelo, University of Pittsburgh)
- Quality Management (Shawn Bengtson- University of Pittsburgh, Mike Jamieson- University of Southern California, Melissa Eitzen- The University of Texas Medical Branch)
Regenerative Medicine Innovation Project Funding Opportunity announced:
Regenerative Medicine Innovation Projects (RMIP) Investigator-Initiated Studies (Collaborative U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
Regenerative Medicine Innovation Projects (RMIP) Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trials (UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Required)
Regenerative Medicine Innovation Projects (RMIP) (UT2 – Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
Regenerative Medicine Innovation Projects (RMIP) (U44 – Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
Click here, for more information.
Interview with RegMedNet: The Regenerative Medicine Resource Center: supporting pre-clinical interdisciplinary dental, oral and craniofacial projects.
Dr. Almarza’s review entitled Preclinical Animal Models for Temporomandibular Joint Tissue Engineering published in Tissue Engineering Part B: Reviews
Just announced! MPWRM Resource Center releases Cycle 3 Interdisciplinary Translational Project program Request for Pre-Proposal Applications. Please click here for more information.
INTERDISCIPLINARY TRANSLATIONAL PROJECTS PROGRAM